Why Your Business Needs a .ie Domain
How Can You Register One?
Why should you get a .ie domain?
· A .ie domain name allows you to put your website online or set up a personalised email address
· .ie is official Internet address for Ireland and the only domain name that is guaranteed, Irish. All .ie website have proven that they have a connection to Ireland and a valid claim to the domain name
· Confidence comes through traceability and a .ie can help to ensure that anybody who interacts with you online will know exactly who they are dealing with
· .ie domains are consistently ranked in the top five safest domains worldwide by online security experts McAfee
· .ie tells the global community that you are Irish and tells the Irish community that you are local
.ie is the right choice for Irish businesses.
Every .ie domain name is verified to ensure that the people behind it are who they say they are. This means that .ie are one of the safest domains in the world, secure from potential threats such as cybercrime and fraud. Let your customers trust you, get a .ie.
Let your customers find you online with .ie
Due to the geo-targeting and the prioritisation of local search results .ie domains automatically receive higher rankings in Irish based search engines like Google.ie than .com addresses. If you are doing business in Ireland it makes sense to let your customers find you easily and quickly.
Protect Your Brand
Registering a .ie domain can also help to protect your brand. Once you have proven your claim to the domain name and connection with Ireland your .ie domain name will be registered to you and only you. This is unlike.com where anybody can register any domain and chances are that your name has already been registered. .ie domains are readily available and can only be registered by people with a legitimate claim to the name.
How do I register a .ie domain for my website or email addresses?
Registration is simple and straightforward – just follow the 4 simple steps at: www.iedr.ie/register-a-domain
1. Check if the name you want is available (www.iedr.ie)
2. Choose an Accredited .ie Registrar* (www.iedr.ie/registrars)
3. Complete the Registrar’s application form
4. Send your Registrar any supporting information they need
Your application will be checked by the IEDR and once your domain is registered you can start to build your online presence. Many of our Registrars also provide additional services such as website development and hosting which will help you get online.
*Accredited Registrars are companies who have displayed consistent expertise in domain registration and they will be able to assist you with your registration queries.
Registering a .ie domain for your business has never been easier – if you are a business located in Ireland you simply need to submit your Registered Business Number (RBN) or your VAT number with your application. Alternatively, if you are not yet registered as a business you can register a personal domain using valid identification such as a drivers license or passport and proof of address such as a current utility bill.
About the IEDR
The IEDR is an independent not-for-profit organisation that manages the .ie country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) namespace (i.e. all domain names ending in ‘.ie’) in the public interest of the Irish and global Internet communities. The IE Domain Registry Limited is not a governing or regulatory body but provides a public service for the .ie namespace on behalf of the local and international Internet communities.
A .ie web address offers consumers, businesses and government agencies the benefits of a secure e-business platform. .ie provides not only an Irish identity on the Internet but also offers you the freedom to build the strongest online presence possible for you, your brand, your company or whatever information you want to share with the world.
For more information please visit www.iedr.ie