We’d like to welcome aboard the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) to Biz Expo 2019. You can meet their team on Thursday 6th June at our B2B Networking event at Citywest.
About the ODCE
Established in 2001, the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) is responsible for improving the corporate compliance environment in the Irish economy.
The Director’s principal functions include to:
- encourage compliance with the 2014 Companies Act;
- investigate instances of suspected offences under the Act;
- enforce the Act, including by the prosecution of offences by way of summary proceedings;
- refer cases, at his discretion, to the Director of Public Prosecutions (“DPP”);and
- provide a supervisory role over the activity of liquidators
A key element of the Office’s advocacy strategy is its outreach programme. This consists of, amongst other things, the delivery of presentations and speeches to stakeholder groups, as well as attendance at exhibitions and events.
In addition, ODCE has developed and published a suite of seven Information Booklets along with an accompanying set of Quick Guides on Irish company law. ODCE also has a user-friendly website which contains approximately 90 frequently asked questions and answers on various company law topics.